Come join the fun and help us protect the KANSAS RIVER!
TABLE FOK EVENTS:
You can volunteer to help table FOK events. We need your help so that we can be present at as many events as possible…and with just one full time staff and some part time staff, it is difficult for us to make this happen. We count on volunteers to table our events and you will be trained prior to your first event. The responsibilities include:
Contact the Riverkeeper at email@example.com to learn more!
You can volunteer as a Paddle Assistant for our Group Educational Paddle Trips on the Kansas River!
Friends of the Kaw sponsors both private and educational paddle trips from April through October every year on the Kansas River. We need volunteers like you to make this happen! If you are interested in becoming a volunteer and you have your own kayak, please join us for our Paddle Assistant Workshop every March or just join us! See the FOK Calendar for the date or contact the Riverkeeper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer on the water to help FOK with Paddle Trips
- Bring your own kayak
- and gear
- Be available for 6-8 hours for a paddle trip
- Member of the FOK Team
You can volunteer as an Educational Assistant for our Kids About Water (KAWS) Program
- Come to our annual workshop to be trained or get one-on-one training throughout the year!
- Be available on weekdays during the school year
- Help train students about water quality testing
- Wear sturdy shoes and work at the water’s edge
- Be able to walk distances, down stream banks and work in conditions such as light rain, hot and cold weather.
- Be able to get dirty…..and have fun!
Contact our Education Director, Laura Calwell at email@example.com to learn more about the Educational Assistant Program!